What you'll learn
In this module you will:
- Learn about the importance of understanding child protection and child safety as central tenets to safe tutoring practice
- Understand process and procedures to maximise child protection and child safety
- Understand how at each stage in the tuition process child protection and child safety must be embedded in practice
- Understand how to apply child safe principles into your practice
How it works
This module consists of:
- 4 videos
- 5 pages of text/reading
- 20 multiple choice quiz questions
- The module should take approximately 2 hours to complete
To obtain a certificate of completion you will need to pass with a mark of 16/20 or more.
For each module you have 3 attempts. If you fail, you will have the following options to try again.
- 1st fail – You will be able to re-attempt immediately.
- 2nd fail – You will be locked out for 24-hours (you will be reminded via email when your next attempt is available).
- 3rd fail – You will need to re-purchase the module to try again.
ATA College CEO
Mohan is a university lecturer in education and an experienced high school system and educational manager. He teaches undergraduate and post-graduate students. Mohan is a widely published author, writing books and articles for educators, parents, managers and students. He is also the CEO of ATA College.
ATA College operates in accordance with the rules and regulations governed by Australian Consumer Law.
All payments to ATA College are non-refundable subject to the exceptions below:
- If a subscriber seeks to cancel their study within THREE months of purchase then a refund will be given equal to the unused portion of the subscription (determined on full Module equivalent) less an administration fee of $25
- If a subscription is cancelled for any reason whatsoever by ATA College including for breaches of the academic rules, impropriety, bringing the ATA College and/or its affiliates into disrepute then no refund will be given.
In the event a subscriber fails a Module on three occasions then NO refund will be given.
ATA College reserves the right to notify any business alliances of the lapse or cancellation so that lapsed or cancelled members cannot continue to take advantage of the benefits offered by such alliances and reserved solely for ATA members.
It is expected that people undertaking the units of study in the tutoring qualification have at least a level of education equivalent to twelve or thirteen years of schooling. That is, they are expected to have successfully completed high school. The vast majority of people will also have completed post-school studies such and a diploma or degree. This will be an advantage.
The modules in the tutoring qualification are affordable and mapped to mainstream teaching standards. This qualification benchmarks tutor training both nationally and globally. Apart from the extent of professional development available, the program is expanding all the time, and includes numerous professionals and experts.
There are modules which are currently being created for people who speak a range of languages. Modules are being drafted in English, Hindi, Cantonese and Vietnamese.
Academic credit for Core Modules can be granted to subscribers who are teacher qualified, show evidence of teacher qualification AND who take out ATA membership.
On a case by case basis academic credits for any Module by any subscriber may be sought. However, evidence justifying the application for academic credit must be provided. This could include showing evidence of any one or more of:
- successful completion of prior study
- industry-based experience